- Pet Food (UK) Limited (We) are the data controller in relation to personal data (Data) we collect from you.
- We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- We are registered in England and Wales under number 6691511 and have our registered office at Dalton Airfield, Topcliffe, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, YO7 3HE. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and on 01442 212 392.
- This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, or that we receive from other sources. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Data and how we will treat it.
Information we collect from you
- We will collect and process the following Data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise (including when you submit an enquiry to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information. It may also include your pet species, name and birthday. It may also include details of your ordering patterns.
- Information we collect about you. This includes information about your visit to our site. We will automatically collect technical information and information about your visit including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communications data and the resources that you access and demographic information.
- Collecting this Data is essential to us being able to provide you with the required products.
- We will collect and process the following Data about you:
How we use your information
- A key requirement of UK Data Protection law is that we have a lawful basis for each aspect of processing of your Data.
- Where Data is collected for the purpose of fulfilling a contract with you, we will use your Data on the basis that processing is necessary to fulfil that contract, which may include the following types of processing:
- To deliver products which have been ordered by you (including sharing your information with our courier provider);
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us (including for the purposes of debt collection); and
- To notify you about changes to our products and services.
- Where we are required to process Data in order to comply with our legal obligations, we will use your Data on the basis that it is necessary to do so for the purposes of legal compliance, which may include storing your Data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims within the relevant statutory limitation periods.
- Where we have a legitimate interest (which you may object to at any time as set out in paragraph 6 below) to process Data, we will use your Data on the basis that we have legitimate interest to do so which is not overridden by your rights and freedoms. This may include contacting existing customers by email and SMS to inform them about new products and services which may interest them.
- Where we have obtained your consent (which may be withdrawn by you at any time as set out in paragraph 6 below) to processing Data, we will use your Data on the basis that you have given your consent. This may include contacting prospective customers by email and SMS to inform them about new products and services which may interest them. This may also include using your information for marketing purposes when you have sent us a testimonial or review.
- We will never sell your information to third parties. However we may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective buyers of such business or assets and to their legal advisers;
- In the event that we appoint a third party data processor to process your Data in accordance with our documented instructions and with the requirements of UK Data Protection law;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- If it is necessary to disclose your Data to our professional advisers (for example, to our legal advisers or our accountants); and
- If it is necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply (if applicable) or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pet Food (UK) Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and exchanging information with debt recovery agencies.
Where we store your Data
- We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Data is treated securely and in accordance with UK Data Protection law.
- [All information you provide to us is stored on Shopify’s secure servers.] [Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using our nominated payment provider’s technology] (Stripe, Paypal or Shopify). Payments are processed by Stripe, Paypal and Shopify Payments and their privacy policies and data protection measures can be viewed on their respective websites.
- The Data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside the UK or the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We will ensure that any transfer of Data outside the UK or the EEA are only made to those states which the European Commission has deemed to have adequate data security protection or which are otherwise permitted under UK Data Protection law.
- Payment details are currently collected directly by our payment providers. The payment providers we currently use are Stripe, Shopify and PayPal. In part of the payment processing, some of your data may be transferred to the USA under the adequate protection of the EU-US Privacy Shield. Stripe’s Privacy Shield policy can be viewed here: https://stripe.com/privacy-shield-policy and their certification can be viewed here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TQOUAA4&status=Active
PayPal’s privacy notice can be viewed here: https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we keep your Data
- We will process your Data for no longer than is reasonably required. We consider this to be the amount of time that we need your Data in order for any processing which is carried out on the basis of one or more lawful basis set out in paragraph 3
- By law, we need to keep your information for a minimum of 7 years for tax purposes. We only store information essential for this purpose.
- Hard copies of picking notes are shredded after your order has been dispatched.
- Our courier companies delete your data from their systems between 30 and 180 days after your order has been delivered successfully. Please See DPD data protection policy here: https://www.dpd.com/de_en/siteutilities/data_protection
- In order to exercise any of your rights, please write to us at our registered office, contact us by telephone or email us using the details set out in paragraph 1
- You have the right to ask us not to process your Data for marketing purposes. You may object to our use of your Data for marketing purposes contacting us and informing us that you object to our processing of your Data for marketing purposes. You can do this by contacting our Data Compliance Officer using the details set out in paragraph 1 above to request this or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of all marketing emails. You can also uncheck the box regarding mailing list subscription preferences in your “My Account” section on our site, if you have this set up.
- In respect of processing which we carry out on the basis that we have a legitimate interest, you may object to our processing for specified purposes or at all at any time. You may object by contacting us and informing us that you are objecting to processing for one or more of the purposes for which we have legitimate interest to process your Data.
- In respect of processing which we carry out on the basis that you have given consent, you have the right to withdraw consent to our processing for specified purposes or at all at any time. You may withdraw consent by contacting us and informing us that you are withdrawing your consent for one or more of the purposes for which consent was given.
- You may request to have any incorrect information corrected or to have your information deleted.
- You have the right to request a copy of information held about you by us. Generally we will provide this information free of charge, however in certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you in accordance with UK Data Protection law.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to require us (and our third party data processors) to erase your Data without undue delay, although we reserve the right not to erase Data (or to inform our third party data processors) where processing remains necessary for purposes which are permitted by UK Data Protection law.
- You have the right to request that your Data is made portable for the purposes of transferring Data to another supplier in relation to:
- Data which you have provided to us;
- Data which is processed on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract; and
- Data which is processed by automated means.
- Right to lodge a complaint
We will endeavour to only use Data that is relevant to our purpose and to ensure your Data is kept secure however sometimes errors occur. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Data, you can contact our Data Compliance Officer using the details set out in paragraph 1 above who will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your Data as required by law, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113.
- Links to other websites
Our site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such websites, as such websites are not governed by this privacy notice. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy notice applicable to the website in question.