Newsletter Privacy Notice
Pet Food UK offer a newsletter subscription to all customers via its websites. Customers can sign up to one or all of the mailing lists by giving positive consent and opting-in, in the following ways:
- Sign-up form on ecommerce sites – Pet Food UK’s eCommerce websites have a clear and concise embedded platform on all web pages, located above the footer, which allows a user to sign up to the brand’s mailing list. It also shows the option for the customer, if willing, to put whether they have a dog or a cat. This allows Pet Food UK to send the most relevant information to the subscriber.
- Social media competitions – Pet Food UK hosts competitions to win product on its social media platforms. During the entry process there is either an opt-in box for the user to tick should they wish to sign up to our mailing list OR the competition will state clearly and transparently that the user must sign up to the mailing list as way by entering the competition.
- Link from Pet Food UK’s brand Facebook pages – Pet Food UK has links on some of its social media platforms that promotes its mailing list for users to sign-up.
- Competition hosted at a show or event – Pet Food UK attends several consumer and trade events annually, such as Crufts or The London Vet Show. At such events, they often run competitions via iPad entry form which has a clear opt-in section if a user wishes to sign-up to a mailing list.
Who are we?
We are Pet Food (UK) Limited, with a registered address of 33 Mark Road, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 7DN. Our main telephone number is 01442 212 392
What data we collect
The type of data Pet Food UK captures when a customer subscribes to one of their mailing lists to receive newsletters initially includes:
- Email address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Dog or Cat?
- Pet Name
- Pet Birthday
- Date Added
As the customer regularly uses the website, Pet Food UK will also begin to collect the following:
The type of data Pet Food UK captures when a customer subscribes to one of their mailing lists includes:
- Customer order data
- Life Cycle Segment Start Date
- Average Order Value
- Customer Type
- Last Order Date
- Number of paid orders
- Life Cycle Segment
- Contact Rating
- Last Changed
Why we collect
Pet Food UK collects this data and grows its mailing lists regularly so that they can communicate newsletter marketing messages and information with subscribers. Pet Food UK’s mailing lists are free to join and support their eCommerce platforms. The type of information Pet Food UK communicates with subscribers includes, but is not limited to:
- eCommerce promotional activity (special offers, discounts codes, free with gift with purchase etc)
- Welcome series when subscriber first signs up
- New product releases
- Packaging changes
- Product education and information
- Latest brand news and events (such as Crufts)
The mailing list service supports Pet Food UK’s eCommerce platforms and keeps the customer up to date and informed with promotional and marketing news and events. Pet Food UK captures this data because it allows them to provide subscribers with the most relevant communication and content. It also allows Pet Food UK to improve the customer’s experience by making it more personal and allows for targeted e-mails.
Pet Food UK only captures information that it believes will enhance the customer’s experience and helps them to develop and grow their eCommerce services.
What do we do with your information?
Your data is transferred to Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC). Your data is stored in the USA. Mailchimp is certified under the US-EU Privacy Shield agreement. Their Privacy Shield certification can be viewed here; https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TO6hAAG&status=Active
How long do we keep your information for?
Your information is stored for as long as you are subscribed to our newsletter. If you unsubscribe, we keep your information saved to ensure you are not re-subscribed to our newsletter. We will not email you marketing messages if you have unsubscribed.
Subscribers to Pet Food UK mailing lists (newsletters) can remove themselves, request to be removed or update their preferences at any time. This unsubscribing process can be actioned in one of three ways:
- Via the unsubscribe link in the footer of all mailing list emails. When a user clicks this link, it will automatically unsubscribe them from the relevant list and move them to ‘unsubscribed contacts’ where they will not receive any more emails.
- Through Pet Food UK’s website under the ‘My Account’ section. Customers can go to this section when logged in to our websites and update their mailing list subscription preferences by un-checking the box.
- Customers can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that they wish to be removed from the mailing list. Once this has been actioned, the officer will login to Mailchimp and unsubscribe the customer manually from the list.
Your rights over your information
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. You can view this information and correct it by clicking on the “Update my preferences” link at the bottom of every email we send.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email.
You have the right to fully withdraw your consent to us processing your data by asking us to permanently delete your data.
To submit a request by email, post or telephone, please contact the Data Protection Officer on the details below: email@example.com
Tel: 01442 212 392 – request to speak to Data Protection Officer
Postal address: 33 Mark Road, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 7DN
Your right to complain
If you have concerns about how we process your data, we would like the opportunity to address your concerns directly. Please contact our Data Protection Officer (details above). If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner's Office