Dry Variety Deal
Give your pet a more varied diet
Here at Barking & Meowing Heads, we're big advocates of feeding your pet a mixed diet (rotation feeding), so this weekend only, you can choose any 2kg dry dog food or 1.5kg cat food bag for FREE when you buy any four bags at full price.
How it works
Simply add any five 2kg dog food or 1.5kg cat food bags to your shopping basket and the discount will automatically be applied at checkout!
*Offer ends Midnight 19.03.2019
A bit more info on Rotation Feeding
Have you ever had the same meal for an entire week? A month? A year? What if you had to eat the exact same meal for your whole life? This is essentially what most of us do to our dogs — we choose a product and stick with it. And while keeping your dog on a consistent diet is not unhealthy, rotational feeding is a simple way to give your dog different flavours and textures to ensure a more balanced and varied diet.
What is Rotation Feeding?
Rotation feeding is all about variety, such as varying the types of proteins fed (like chicken, beef, lamb, etc.) and food forms (wet and dry). This lets your dog experience and enjoy a range of different textures and flavours as part of their meals and allows you to vary their diet on a daily or weekly basis.
What are the Benefits?
- Variety will ensure a more complete and balanced diet for your dog.
- Rotation feeding may help to make your dog less of a fussy eater.
- It can reduce risk of food allergies and intolerance's in later life, especially if you start rotation feeding when your dog is young.
- Rotation feeding creates excitement at mealtimes.
- It can also help to increase your dog’s water intake, by offering a variety of foods instead of just dried kibble.
When Should I Start My Pet on Rotation Feeding?
It’s much easier to start rotation feeding while he or she is still a puppy (assuming they are already eating solid food), but that’s not to say an older dog can’t benefit from rotation feeding too. It just may take a little bit more patience.